Finances and stocks
Haz click para leer en Español
Let’s talk about the stock market! I will disclose my Revolut portfolio. First of all, Revolut can be used as free stock trading. On the other hand, it has a limited product portfolio and poor customer service when it comes to the basic account, but you can upgrade it and the waiting time from support will decrease a lot. The app is one of the easiest way to start investing in the stock market. Let’s find out more!
Disclaimer: Do not invest money using this portfolio
As long as a stock is acting right, and the market is right, do not be in a hurry to take profitsJesse Livermore
Lets get to business! As per my previous post, the money I invested previously on Revolut Trading was 28.2% of my portfolio. However, once I did my monthly deposit to the account, the new size of stock market in my portfolio is 32.4%.
You can see the current owned stocks and their size in the following image:
As you can see I own around 25 companies which I do believe have quite strong fundamentals or at least they are kind of a monopoly in their respective sector (the majority). A few of them are kind of a betting, such as OXY – anyhow, my goal is to focus more on dividends rather than on stock growth value.
As mentioned in my previous post, is it safe to invest?
Not at all, if you read and study, you will discover a whole new world.
When is the best time to invest?
If you did not start 10 years ago, join the club! However, I have good news for you, the second best time is now!
I feel quite confident with the path I am taking and for sure I have a lot more to learn.
Is my recommendation for you to start now?
Definitely, and let us do it together!
- No stock should represent more than 10%-12%, if so, I need to rebalance the portfolio
- Buying an index fund
- Integrating more dividend stocks to the portfolio
- Opening an account with Interactive Brokers (IB)
Moving to the technical part, as far as I used Revolut trading as a broker platform it has run smoothly. However, be aware of the following:
- The products offered as for today in Revolut platform are Stock and Crypto. Also, Revolut is backed by The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) is a British Government backed reimbursement scheme in event of bank failure; basically if Revolut were to go under, you’d have a guarantee that the British Government would finance your funds within the account (up to 85.000£ or 170.000£ for joint accounts)
- Insolvency Risk: In the event of an insolvency of the Third Party Broker or any other brokers involved in executing your Orders, this may result in your Positions being liquidated without your consent. In such circumstances, we will seek to provide you with additional information as to the treatment of your existing positions as and when we obtain it.
- Currency Risk: Where your Instruments are denominated in currencies other than the default currency of your primary Revolut Account, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates may impact your profits and losses connected to your trading in such Instruments.
For my following entries, I will share with you my dividends, why you should try companies which are dividends, aristocrat dividend stocks, Index funds and much more. Stay tuned and follow the blog!
If you have time, check my other posts and let me know if you have done something similar.
If you want to know more about finances and investment or press the images
If you want to know about Apache click here
If you want to know more about Ansible click here
If you are into well being and traveling check this wonderful blog wanderlustworld-blog